Corporate Social Responsibility
We are committed to operate our business in an environmentally and
socially responsible manner. To achieve this, we strive to comply with all applicable
rules and regulations with our best efforts in shipping operation as well as in our daily working
environment to minimize any adverse impact to the environment.
Our modern first-class fleet enable maximum environmental
It has always been our policy to maintain high standard of environmental protection awareness and to
operate our vessels in a safe and environmental friendly manner.
We maintain our modern first-class fleet to enable maximum environmental performance and
ensure our compliance to the International Safety Management Code (ISM Code);
the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS code); and other applicable rules regulated by the
International Maritime Organization (IMO). These conventions have been ratified by majority of maritime
nations and apply to all vessels registered in these countries or calling in the waters of these countries.
We obtain safety management certificate, document of compliance and go through annual verification and
audit for compliance with ISM Code issued by recognized organization on behalf of the flag states.
Starting on 1 January 2019, our vessels adopted IMO Data Collection System on fuel consumption and we switched to compliant
low sulfur content bunker fuel in late 2019 in order to meet the IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap requirement which is in effect starting
from 1 January 2020.
We ensure our own fleet be equipped with proven green and energy efficiency equipment and technologies
to minimize the emission of toxic pollutants, which include:
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) - our vessels are built with the main engine and auxiliary engines that are fuel-efficient and comply with the latest emission of pollutants limits;
- Sulfur Oxides (SOx) - our vessels burn the required low sulfur content bunker fuel;
- Ozone depleting substances - majority of our vessels' equipment do not contain ozone depleting substances and comply with all material aspects of The International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) regulations pertaining to hazardous ozone depleting substances;
- Ballast water - our vessels follow the latest requirements on ballast water exchange and operations;
- Carbon Dioxide emission reduction – since February 2013 the Group has adopted the Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (“SEEMP”), a plan that individual vessel can follow and improve each vessel's energy efficiency through a series of procedures and efforts. Implementing of SEEMP will contribute towards reducing fuel consumption and carbon emission which influence the global environment. We also adopted SEEMP Part II during the year. In 2019, targeted Carbon Dioxide emission had been slightly increased by 18,894 tons from 277,769 tons for the year 2018 to 296,663 tons for the year 2019 mainly due to the increased fuel consumption under more full speed running of vessels according to charterers' instructions. In 2019, Vessels' Energy Efficiency Operating Indicator is about 11.1 grammes CO2 / MT.Mile, a decrease of nine percent as compared to 2018.
Our people share the same environmental preservation objective
We realize the importance of environmental stewardship and share the same environmental preservation
objective with our crew and our people.
In order to foster the environmental friendly practices in our vessels, we follow an internal safety management manual, which defines our objectives and commitments in complying with all applicable national and international rules and regulations, code and guidelines and standards recommended by IMO, flag states and other maritime industry organizations. These codes and guidelines and standards, together with our safety manual have been kept ashore and on our fleet and strictly followed by our team. We will closely monitor environmental regulations development to ensure compliance of all applicable environmental regulations in our business operation.
We commit to provide all necessary resources and training support to our crew. Through training, we maintain a competent crew and workforce with high standards of safety and environmental preservation awareness over the operational practices.
We encourage management and employees to take part in environmental preservation with best efforts. We support all kinds of environmental friendly practices or energy saving ideas throughout our operations and dedicate to conserve water, energy, resources and materials by reduce, recycle and reuse in our office and to strengthen environment preservation consciousness as an integral part of our corporate culture.
Workplace and community
In order to attract and retain the best people for the sustainable growth of the Company,
we place emphasis on a healthy and safe workplace on board in our vessels and ashore at our office
and support all kinds of community activities that contribute to our community.
- Team-oriented environment
- Safe working environment
We also provide fringe benefits and welfare to our people including but
not limited to medical and life insurance, pension schemes, paid leave for various purposes, travel
or meals for business-related work, and other benefits to improve employees' well-being.
We put safety as our top priority in business operation. Accident preventions and efforts for
improvement in working environment are given high priority in the business management, conventions
and all parts of operations. We strive to comply with applicable safety and environmental laws
and regulations to which seafarers of all ranks must be trained and certificated in order to
be able to carry out their respective duties on board in our vessels. We ensure all crew on board
are trained and certificated in accordance with the International Convention on Standards of Training,
Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW Convention).